Sunday, March 8, 2009

Germany

Wow! I haven't written on her in a while...Well, my passport ending up coming the Saturday before we left. So I was able to fly over and be with my husband, which made me extremely excited! We landed safely after a 9 hour flight, then went on to our 4 hour bus ride to Vilseck. We stayed in a hotel for about a week, which was SO boring, I had nothing to do all day since Brandon was working. But we got our house pretty quickly, and I keep hearing people we got REALLY lucky. Our house is a duplex 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath and fairly big! I will take it! I forgot how much I loved having my own place and living with Brandon. Once my stuff gets here I will be even happier.
We havent done a whole lot since we got here we went to Amberg, and Graffenwoehr this weekend. Probably wont leave the base again till I learn a little German! It was very stressful, we got lost and it was terrible trying to figure out where to go and how to get back on the correct train! But it was fun...just don't want to do it again!
In other news, my dad called me and told me my Grandpa is in the hospital. He was having chest pain and just to be safe he went to the hospital. He had an agioplasty, and they found 4 blockages in his heart. He is have a quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow. I'm having a hard time with this my grandma passed away a few months ago and I just can't handle loosing him too! Also, knowing that I'm so far away from him and can't be there when he wakes up suck too!

Okay, well I dont have a whole lot today I will update as soon as I start to "settle" in.

5 comments:

KK said...

I'm glad you got there safe and that you like your house. I've missed you posting in the swap blog. Lol. I resent your invite for the other one so looks for it. Also if you want to do the next box let me know, i'm going to draw names this week if you don't want to do this one i understand.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope everything goes well with his surgery.

Joe and Samantha said...

So glad you're safe!

Grandpa is in our thoughts. Love going out his way.

-Samantha

Bailey P said...

Hey, so glad you both got there in one peice. Good luck learning German, your going to have so much fun.Dont you wish you would have taken German instead of japanese. LOL. Let me know if you need care packages lol. I have a friend is sweeden right now and all he wants is American food.

Hope to hear from you soon! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey! yay.. you made a new post. i'm glad you guys got into your house so fast. were getting a mic and webcam. then we can listen to the turkeys and little spirits! your house is so neat.. im excited for when I can come visit :) just remember "Sprichst du Englisch?" oh and "Wheres das Badezimmer?" (wheres the bathroom) LOL!!
I'm sorry about your grandpa. hopefully everything goes good. hows your dad handling it? well.. i'm sure i will talk to ya soon! i miss u!

The Mrs. said...

Thanks for entering the giveaway and for stopping by my site! So sorry to hear about your grandfather, thats one of the hardest things about the military life is not being around family when you wish you could.

Good luck getting used to Germany!