Monday, March 9, 2009

German Food

Anyone that knows me, knows I absolutely hate change! So I knew (and everyone else knew) that moving to another country would be difficult! We had a lunch date with a couple we met here, David and Sarah, at a placed on posted called the "Katina". We went there for the weekly Monday special, chicken cour doun blue, but with my luck they were all out. So Brandon order me a schnitzel sandwich...it was pork (i think) on a really hard bun, with mayo, tomato, and lettuce. It wasn't too bad, I just couldnt really eat it! I have this odd fear of my teeth falling out if I eat things that are too tough, on the bone, or on the cob...so I kinda took a few bits and pushed it to the side! The fries were mighty delicous though! LOL!! Anyways, we are finally getting into a routine and I am starting to meet new people and enjoy myself. I have my first FRG meeting tomorrow and I have no idea what that even is, I was just told that I needed to go, so I am. I'm actually pretty nervous about the whole thing. I hate being in a group with a bunch of people I don't know! I'm sure I will be fine...hopefully. My Grandpa is in his surgery as I type! I really hope everything goes well...I will update you as I know more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to try a schnitzel sandwich :) i'm glad your starting to make new friends. than you wont be lonely! its awesome to hear you guys are adjusting so quickly!

hmb said...

Good luck with your FRG meeting! I'm new to the Army thing and I haven't done anything like that yet...I would be nervous too!

The Mrs. said...

I have the same fear of hard foods. Its nice to know I'm not alone. Good luck with the FRG (we have key wives in the Marines) here's the key to it, it is what you make of it. There will always be a crazy wife, and one that annoys you, but it will also be filled with women going thru the same things as you. I hope you have a good group!