Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby Fever

A while back I wrote that I went to the doctor because my husband and I decided we wanted to start trying to have a baby, but I was concerned because I am very irregular. Well, after a quick blood test we found out we do have a issue. I have been diagnosed with something called Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. Which, basically mean I have high blood sugar and testosterone levels in my body causing me to have little to no ovulation's a year. I have a doctors appointment on the economy here in a few weeks to find out if I have cysts on my ovaries or not, either way PCOS is not curable but is treatable. Right now I am on some pills to regulate my sugar levels which is supposed to cause my periods to start, but no luck so far. I am pretty heart broken, I really want a baby. My husband is deploying next June so when we decided to start trying he would have been here for the first 4 months or so of the babys life then been deployed. Well now 3 months later he probably wouldnt be here for the birth! Now I'm scared to even go through with it! But I still really want to have a baby and I don't think I want to wait until he gets back!!! We have been through so much in the last few months and I really don't want to give up on having a baby quite yet. The next step is taking Clomid, which will help make my eggs larger and more frequent....which gives me the possibility of TWINS!! Oh my! Wish me luck. :-)

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Don't worry!!! I have the same thing, and I got pregnant without even trying!! Number 2 is taking a little longer but trust me it will happen! Just make sure you take the pills everyday!