Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm torn....

My friend Carla is getting married in July, my sister is graduating high school in June of this year, and I want to go on a vacation with my husband at the end of July. I don't know what to do! If I go home to the states I can't go to the graduation and the wedding since they are over a month apart and I can't get that much time off. Whose heart do I break?? My sister or one of my best friends?!?! My husband and I had a last minute wedding and I didn't even have a wedding dress, so we have always wanted to go on a honeymoon and we want to go to Italy or France. We have been saving and finally have the money. So do I give up and put my honey moon on the back burner again? Oh man I don't know! I will feel guilty no matter what I choose! What would you do??

3 comments:

Joe and Samantha said...

How about this......

If you knew you were going to go to heaven on July 30th - which would you pick.

That should be your choice.

My opinion - go on the honeymoon with hubs. Tell both the others that you have been waiting/saving and right now it's not feasible to head back to the states. And that in the military life you get as much time with hubs as you can-

:) Don't feel guilty. You're doing what is BEST FOR YOU - and that's most important!

KK said...

I have had to do the same thing.

Like Sam said you have to make the choice for you. As much fun as it would be to go home and see everything, you don't get much time with Brandon.

No one can make this choice for you.

jlc said...

I'd go to the wedding!! Even though I have a fabulous relationship with my sister she'd totally understand! A graduation is not as big as a Wedding! Unless it was for college or maybe grad school?? Idk!!

But that's what I would do! And DEF go with your hubbs to France!! Flights are cheap now! :)